1) Never run out of cash.
2) The only thing worth cash is more cash.
3) Don’t spend time trying to raise cash; spend it trying to find new business.
4) Be prepared to provide collateral to the bank but not more than necessary… Negotiate.
5) Find a banker who believes in people, not just the numbers and keep him/her informed.
6) Learn to say No!
7) When things are really tough, go on the offensive – don’t hide.
8) Assume things are worse than they look, because they probably are.
9) Get people involved in your company who can give it some credibility when needed.
10) Believe in yourself and don’t forget to stop and smell the roses once in a while.